KNITTING SOCKS ON TWO CIRCULAR NEEDLES!
Are you interested in learning how to knit socks on ‘Two Circular Needles”? Looking for something to do on a Saturday morning for an hour.
If you know how to knit - garter stitch & purl stitch and how to cast on stitches - then you are good to learn how to make these socks.
Please join us on the following dates in the Parlour at the church:
1. Saturday March 4th at 9:00 - 10:00 am
2. Saturday March 11th at 9:00 - 10:00 am
3. If needed Saturday April 1st at 9:00 - 10:00 am
4. Saturday April 8th at 9:00 - 10:00 am
What you need to bring:
1. Two circular needles - Recommended Sizes: 2.5mm or 2.75mm - length 16 or 24 inches - preferably metal tips. These can be purchased at Lens Mill or Shall We Knit or Michaels. (Shown in the picture is 2.5mm - 24 inches length and metal tips)
2. Three balls of sock wool - preferable Patons Kroy Socks - two patterned - 1 plain that goes with the pattern (see picture). I don’t recommend that you get a striped pattern for your first pair of socks. This wool can be purchased at Lens Mill for $7.49 per ball or Michaels for $7.99 per ball. This wool is 75% washable wool and 25% nylon - which makes durable machine washable socks.
3. Bring a bottle of a brightly coloured nail polish.
4. Blank sheet of paper - 8 1/2 x 11 and a pen.
5. A pair of scissors and a darning needle.
I look forward to teaching you something that I love to do.